Contact Clayton City Clerk for more information about Clayton business licences and fees. This will include the necessary ordinance or code as well as the form available in adobe reader.
- O.C.G.A. § 3-4-80 (2012) Liquor Tax Report Form
- O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1 (2012) Business License, Occupational Tax Certificate, Alcohol License, Taxi Permit
- O.C.G.A. § 48-13-53.2 (2012) Excise Tax On Rooms, Lodgings and Accomodations (Hotel, Motel Tax)
- O.C.G.A. § 48-13-53.2 (2012) Contractor Affidavit Verifies Compliance with E-Verify Requirements.
Please provide the following information as well as other documentation which may apply:
- Georgia Driver's License
- Fire Marshal's inspection sheet - Approval required for all businesses - See Marshal Scott Crane
- Food service permit from the Rabun County Heath Department (required of restraunts or if food prepared on site.)
- Department of Agriculture License - required of grocery stores, convenience stores etc.
- Sale Tax Number - Any questions should be directed to the Georgia Dept of Revenue.
- The US Internal Revenue Service issues an an Employer Identification Number [EIN] to any business that 1) has employees, 2) plans to establish itself as a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.
- Georgia State license/Certification - Certain professions are required to obtain licenses/certifications from the State; Examples - Plumbers, Electricians, Heating/Air conditions Contractors, Attorneys, Phsicians and Cosmetologists. Documentation of this certification must be presented.
- If you are participating in the Homeland Security E-Verify program and are willing to provide your E-Verify number to the City of Clayton it is subject to the Georgia Open Records Laws.
- Payment of the appropriate fee from the schedule below.
Please complete all pages of the application, submit to Clayton City Clerk, if application is complete your business/occupational Tax Certificate will be issued immediately if submitted in person or delivered by mail within seven (7) business days.
There will be a one-time Administrative Charge of $25.00 when applying for a license.
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 0-3 EMPLOYEES||$85.00|
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 4-8 EMPLOYEES||$100.00|
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 9-20 EMPLOYEES||$125.00|
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 21-35 EMPLOYEES||$150.00|
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 36-50 EMPLOYEES||$165.00|
|OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE 51 & UP EMPLOYEES||$200.00|
|BEER & WINE SALES LICENSE||$225.00|
|LIQUOR SALES LICENSE||$5,025.00|
|LIQUOR BY THE DRINK SALES LICENSE||$2,025.00|
|WINE ONLY SALES LICENSE||$225.00|
|BEER ONLY SALES LICENSE||$225.00|
|FARM WINERY LICENSE||$125.00|
|PACKAGE BEER TO GO LICENSE||$225.00|
|WINE DISTRIBUTOR LICENSE||$125.00|
|RETAIL WINE SALES LICENSE||$125.00|
|TEMPORARY FLEA MARKET PERMIT||$125.00|
|INDOOR FLEA MARKET PERMIT||$525.00|